1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Embed a ride/route on Strava, within your posts

Discussion in 'XenForo: How-To' started by A.D., Jun 15, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    1)Login to the Strava website and locate the particular ride you want to embed. NOTE: You can easily see all your rides, by choosing Training/My Activities…

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.55.03 AM.jpg

2)Select the ride you want to embed…(in this case: 'Evening Ride')
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.59.19 AM.jpg

3)Once your ride is shown on the screen, simply click on the Share icon and choose Embed on Blog
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.11.36 AM.jpg

4)You will see an inset box similar to this appear…
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.07.32 AM.jpg

5)When you click on the code box the text will automatically be selected, so copy it to your clipboard.
    (i.e. Ctrl-C -or- Right Click & Copy)

Let's take a brief look at the code, because you only need two numbers (shown in pink below) from it…​
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.10.04 AM.jpg

6)To embed the Strava Map of your ride the two numbers need to be manually placed inside a set of Media Tags and separated by a single vertical bar.(i.e. Shift \ will result in |)

The easiest way to do this is just paste all the code first. Then replace /embed/ with a single vertical bar (i.e. |) and delete everything else besides the two numbers. Finally, you have to manually add the beginning and ending Media Tags like this…
    Code:
    [MEDIA=Strava]607690968|138b570c458bafdc18de4c7e73d795d747d52633[/MEDIA]
    The result is…