1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'News' Forum threads no longer appear in New Posts/Threads Search

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by A.D., May 23, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I have set the News Forum, to no longer appear in the New Posts/Threads Search since the NewsBot can (at times) overwhelm other traffic on the board. While it's all good info, we don't want the NewsBot to drown-out any live members here. :thumbdown:

If you're interested in any 'new' News about Recumbents in general, you'll just have to click on the News Forum and peruse through it as the desire hits you. :wink9:

Any other forums (i.e. U.S. Riders, Gear and Equipment, etc.) that the NewsBot posts in, will still appear in a New Posts/Threads Search since such posts are relatively rare. :smile9:

2. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
  3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Since Google retired it's Google Reader service (ref: Google Reader Service Retired...), I'm surprised that our NewsBot is still able to retrieve Recumbent related stories. It doesn't get nearly as many as it used to, and that's what brings me to this post.

On average the NewsBot now seems to grab about a-story-a-day, which will no longer overwhelm other traffic on the board as it has in the past.

As such, I'm returning the News Forum to once again appear in the New Posts/Threads Search results.

For those members who don't care to see any posts by the NewsBot, you can simply choose to Ignore him. All you ever need to do, is click on his Avatar and choose Ignore...

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 1.38.22 PM1.jpg

After that, you won't see any text he has authored. :thumbsup:

By the way, this Ignore feature will work with any other member(s) on the board. :wink9:

NOTICE:
    Since the News Forum threads have not been counted in the New Posts/Threads Search for awhile, a lot of them may show up as un-read when you click on the NEW Posts & Threads link now.:gripe:

It's easy enough to just Mark the News Forum as being read, by clicking on the three dots (i.e. ...) just to the right of the NEW Posts & Threads link and choosing Mark Forums Read...
    Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 8.09.33 PM.jpg