1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent Website Downtime...

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by A.D., May 6, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    While this is a long, sorted story (seen here) I'll be brief here and just say that I am aware there are times recently when our website has been un-available. Many times, it's just been for a few minutes and then we're right back online again...​

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 12.34.37 AM.jpg

...However over the past few weeks a negative trend has begun to develop, so we are monitoring it closely.

It's nothing that 'we' (the Adminstrators) are doing, nor can we do anything about it…yet, other than monitor the duration and frequency of the down times.

While ASO guarantees a 99.9% uptime for their websites per their Terms of Service, it's a pain for everyone whenever the website here is unavailable for use. :hissyfit9: While they will refund a month's fees if our website availability drops below 99.9% and we request it, if the trend continues to worsen or just keep repeating we may have to shop for a more reliable host at some time in the future.

Anyway, I just wanted to state that we are aware the website is unavailable at times and I apoligize for the inconveniences it causes our members here. :sorry:

2. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Hmmm. I didn't know anything about this.

3. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    I guess in a way that's good, hopefully others haven't been inconvenienced much.

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon