1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Notice: FALSE Positive by Avast on XenForo Personal Details Page

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by A.D., Apr 1, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Just for your information, if you use Avast as your Virus Scanning Program you may receive a False Positive indication of an infection on Recumbent Riders. For it to even occur, you have to be on your Personal Details page which invokes a XenForo javascript routine.(i.e. personal_details_editor.js)

My guess is when Avast updated their virus definition signatures yesterday, it caused this False Positive indication to start appearing.

At present, my own Avast program info reveals…
    Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 10.25.03 AM.jpg

I got this notice myself…
    Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 9.43.17 PM.jpg

And upon receiving such, I immediately scanned our entire website with ClamAV and was unable to turn-up anything. :mmm:

It was then, I started researching the possibility of a False Positive perhaps and noticed the above mentioned thread on XenForo Forum explaining such. :thumbsup:

Also for what it's worth, our host (ASmallOrange) automatically runs a daily virus/trojan/malware scan on ALL of their hosted websites. :applause:

:embarrassed9: So in short sorry, but you may get a False Positive indication (i.e. Other:Malware-gen [Trj]) of a Trojan if you are using Avast -and- you go to edit your Personal Details until Avast updates their signature set.