1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ref: Script File Missing - Sorry for any down time

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by A.D., Mar 21, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    over the past few days, as you might have seen this notice upon arrival at the board:

[phpMussel] Core script file missing! Please reinstall phpMussel.​

PHP Mussell is a Protection Script designed to detect trojans, viruses, malware and other threats if they are ever uploaded to our system.

I've not figured out exactly what is happeneing yet, but somehow a configuration file is getting mangled and I don't know what is doing it…yet. :crazy:
    Anyway, I'm working on the problem and will post more info here as I figure it out. :read:

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    Alright, I think I've figured out what is causing the problem now. :heelclick: So, I've contacted the coder of the program with enough details, that hopefully he'll be able to issue a new revision with a work-around built into it. :wink9:

3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Thank you AD. This is waaaay above my pay grade!

4. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :laugh9: Mine too, but always better safe than sorry!

5. maxairedale

maxairedale

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    KY
    City:
    Columbia
    Ride:
    ICE Adventure HD FS
    Name:
    Gary
    Don't just love :badwords:technology? :computer2::computer:

:sorry:
    Gary

6. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    :embarrassed9: I had meant to :update: this and forgot about doing so. As it turned out, what's happening is whenever our host (ASO) runs a daily virus scan (with ClamAV) it was deleting the referenced core script file. :rolleyes9: That core script file contains what phpmussell uses to identify and stop any unsafe uploads to the board here. Or in other words, a set of fingerprints used to identify nefarious uploads. The bad news is, ClamAV thought it was a threat so it just deleted it on a daily basis. :hissyfit9:

So as I mentioned I contacted the coder with this info, and he was surprised to learn that ClamAV was doing so. Anyway, together we isolated some syntax in his file that was causing the false-positive so he's working on re-writing it to eliminate the issue after discussing it with the ClamAV folks.

Once the new version is released, I'll try it and at that time the board should be able to check-out any uploaded files on-the-fly and refuse any that are infected with anything.(i.e. worms, viruses, trojans, etc.)