1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How to TAG other members within your new posts

Discussion in 'XenForo: How-To' started by A.D., Dec 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    You can automatically TAG other members in your posts, by simply preceding their username with an at.jpg symbol.(i.e. Shift-2) Once your post is saved, the at.jpg symbol will disappear and the username you referenced will just appear as a link.

So if I am typing in a new* post and happen to mention Rocketmantn in the text, nothing spectacular happens.

However, when I type in " at.jpg Rocketmantn" (w/o any spaces or quotes) a drop down menu will appear if he has been active within the last six months and I can click on his username (as seen below) and continue composing my post.

Screen Shot 2015-12-12 at 2.07.21 PM.jpg

Note: If the referenced user has not been active within the last six months, you can still TAG them in a post if you know their exact username (i.e. scorpio), it's just that the drop down menu will not appear to confirm the user's identity.​

Also whenever any other member is TAG'd like this within a new post, they will receive a notice about it in their Alerts tab (i.e. Located at the top-right of our pages.) complete with a LINK to your new post mentioning them! :heelclick:

*-The Username Tagging and Alert feature only works in new posts. While you can re-Edit any of your previous posts and still Tag someone, they will not receive an Alert about such Tags in your previous posts.