1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Posts & Replies vs. Sending a Message?

Discussion in 'Board Issues/News' started by sailsam, Jul 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. sailsam

sailsam

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Antioch
    Ride:
    Terra Trike
    Name:
    Sam
    Posts? Replies? Aren't they the same thing?

Being new, I bought a Terra Track Traveler about a moht or month-and-a-half ago and have almost no bike riding experience in the last 30 years. When I was 50 and needed to start getting cardiac exams I had a Bianchi bike that I rode about 20 miles to the Walnut Creek Kaiser for my first cardiac exam. It wasn't much later that I stopped riding.

I know, I'm wandering. But when I see something on the forum that I wish to reply to I type the reply and when I try sending it I get an error message that I can not reply to a mamber until I have made 5 posts. What am I to post if not in a reply to a member requesting information?

2. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    In order to control SPAM, new users are not permitted to Send Private Messages (i.e. PM's) to other RRI members. After a user has made several public posts to the message boards (thereby earning some level of trust), then they are free to PM other members.

And note, in order to send another member a direct email, (even) a few more public posts are required before a user is granted that latitude.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but we have a Zero Tolerence Policy against any/all SPAM.