1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recumbent Trike Repair / Maintenance Table

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Repair' started by skuuter, Dec 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. skuuter

skuuter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Estill Springs
    Ride:
    Jouta Quads, Tandem
    Name:
    David
    I built this Table out of scraps left over from building a Deck addition on the House. We had the Mobos (since have let a Daughter and Son-in-Law own them) first, so I built the table to fit them. They fit down into channels. Next when I got the KMX Typhoon 8, I added rubber tubing padded hooks to hold it in place. Either Trike fits solidly on it, and allows full range for pedaling, steering, shifting, etc. making assembly, repair, adjustments, or maintenance a snap...here are some Pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top measures 36" x 16.5"....30" tall.....Fairly cheap, easy to assemble, really workable Recumbent Trike Work Station. The Red Tool Box holds all the Allens, Combination Wrenches, etc. used to maintain either Trike.....:cool9:

2. glenn_aircooled

glenn_aircooled

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Australia
    City:
    Liverpool
    Ride:
    Trike alloy Per
    Name:
    Glenn
    Thank you David. I never thought of building workbench Up to make life easy on trike repairs. I have always used just small stands to hold the back wheel up and struggled around Bent Over. :(
    You have given me new Project to do - I like it.!:biggrin9:

3. glenn_aircooled

glenn_aircooled

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Australia
    City:
    Liverpool
    Ride:
    Trike alloy Per
    Name:
    Glenn
    Oh one thing I have been thinking of, lately been trying to fine tune my new Gear changer and Wish I had some kind of roller brake to put smooth load on back wheel. I will make a resistive roller to lock against the rear tyre to allow me to test the changes between front chainrings - I have some issue on mine which I suspect is missalignment of Deraileur. The wheel speed gets too high and trikes dont have rear Brake, so have to wait or lean over and rub hand on tyre " ouch "

4. skuuter

skuuter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Estill Springs
    Ride:
    Jouta Quads, Tandem
    Name:
    David
    Glad this Thread helped You...I was hoping Someone might benefit from it.....:smile9: