1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Weehoo iGo2 Review: Stay active with the whole family

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by NewsBot, Apr 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    6162.jpg

Weehoo iGo2 Review: Stay active with the whole family!
    Xtri.com
    This spring, Xtri.com owner, Vinu Malik, tested out the new WeeHoo iGo2. As an endurance athlete, 36x Ironman finisher and father of 3, this new product from WeeHoo made staying active with the whole family fun and easy.

Earlier this spring, I received a good sized package at the front door. It was the WeeHoo iGo2- one of the coolest kid carrier systems for the bike that I’ve seen since the Chariot Sidecar. Unlike the Chariot, the Weehoo is both interactive and simple to assemble.

I’ve got three kids that take up the bulk of my free time. They are 7, 5 and 3. My oldest is up on two wheels while the other two are still on training wheels. As an active family, spending time outdoors together is very important. Keeping us all together on a family bike ride at this point in our lives is more like herding cats- not easy. Everyone is at a different speeds and we are always paying attention to cars in the neighborhood. The WeeHoo has cut most of the challenges entirely out, and here’s why:

1. I attached the iGo2 to the back of my fat tire mountain bike. The iGo2 has two seats which gives the appearance of a small train coming with me at the front.

2. The assembly was super easy. I was up and running within 20 minutes of unpacking the entire carrier. Fun to build with the kids too.

3. The front seat of the iGo2 has all the safety straps you’d expect from a child carrier, but it also has a pedal system in place so that the kids feel like they are actually helping out. Each seat has a set of handles for a more secure feel and generally, the entire system is like a fixed recumbent bike for both kids.

4. Once moving, the iGo2 moves very easily and the tire width and size keep the ride smooth for the kids. There is a bit of sway with the very last seat, but that’s expected as the iGo2 sits nearly 7 feet back of my rear tire.

My kids love to be outdoors and when they get in the Weehoo, I can hear them laughing and talking the whole time. They have the best seat in the house with an interactive view of everything going on around them. They are fully exposed to the outdoors and they sit directly behind me, so I know exactly where they are at all times. No ride starts without their helmets, but knowing they are about to get on the Weehoo, there is zero resistance to putting the on. We are able to ride around the neighborhood and the bike path which takes us along the waterways of RI. It doesn’t get better than this.

If you’ve got a young family, this is a fantastic piece of equipment that literally pulls you together as a family. As the weather ...

Continued...

2. NewsBot

NewsBot Fetching Recumbent News

Name:
    I am a Robot
    [​IMG]

Weehoo Turbo Recumbent bike trailer review Cyclingnews

If you are a parent, then it's likely you want to share your passion for cycling with your kids. For some people that could mean regular transportation activities, heading to the store by bike instead of by car, or heading to the park for a day of play without ever touching a car. Another aspect though is cycling for fun and for that, getting your child pedalling is a big part of it. In the early years, all the potential scenarios will require some kind of bike trailer, and with that in mind, we've put together a list of the best bike trailers for kids available today.

If you'd like to let your kids be a part of the pedalling fun, we have a couple of options on our list. One of them is the Weehoo Turbo Bike trailer. The Weehoo is basically a recumbent pull-behind bike and because of that, it fills an interesting hole in the market. You can start using it when your child is a very small toddler and it will continue to be a valid option for years to come. If you are looking for a way to get out and enjoy a bike with your child, keep reading to learn all the ins and outs about the Weehoo Turbo bike trailer and the unique features it offers.

Continue reading...