1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2017 Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally - May 19-21 (SMRR)

Discussion in 'Rides, Routes and Events' started by Geyatautsilvsgi, Aug 31, 2016.  |  Print Topic

?

Will you be staying at the Highland Manor during the 2017 Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally?

1. Yes

32.0%
  2. No

52.0%
  3. Maybe

16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Yeah, I know...2016 isn't over yet. However its never to late to talk about riding recumbents, especially in the Smoky Mountains. Just wanting everyone to make note that it's just the beginning of some great fun to come. Stay tuned...

Screen Shot 2017-01-01 at 1.41.15 PM.jpg

:update:
    No event is a success without some helpful Volunteers, so if you would :please2: click-on the

Choose-a-Spot button below to see when & where we could use some helping hands. :thumbsup:

signup-choose-a-spot-btn.png

B1acksmith - 2
    Missgail - 2 - When does sign up begin for the Smoky Mtn. Recunbent ride for 2017?
    oranmorgan - 2
    Rocketmantn - 1
    Silviobent - 2
    Tspoon2 - 2

Total: 11

2. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    I will be working on getting the online sign up area in a few weeks, most likely in October. I will post a link when I have it ready.

:update:
    See post #1 above!

3. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    It is on my calendar. I really want to make it this year!

4. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :goodnews:I got confirmation and have the guest speaker for the rally! Will be a GREAT afternoon talk. I am also working on the new T-Shirt design. Stayed tuned.

5. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    To all interested, don't forget you can Watch this thread to be alerted to any new posts and updates. All you have to do is simply click on the Watch-Thread link just above the first post...:thumbsup:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.12.15 AM.jpg
    And also remember, that you can help spread the word about the next SMRR by clicking on the Post # (i.e. Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.29.22 AM.jpg as seen at the bottom right of any post) wherein you'll see a pop-up like this that makes it quick-n-easy to do so...

Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 10.18.01 AM.jpg

6. hgrimmett

hgrimmett

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Clearwater
    Ride:
    ICE Adventure
    Question: will it be held in Townsend again? I understand that U-Man is moving to Maryville soon. I hope the Cades Cove picnic and ride keeps happening too. Just wanted to ask.

7. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Yes, We are transitioning to Maryville, currently seeing customers by appointment only. Yes, the Rally will still be held in Townsend, TN. I will have more details on the location as soon as I get information to post. As for the picnic in Cades Cove, I am not sure if that will occur or not. That was sponsored by another small group. I can ask them and see, but I don't know.:idunno:

8. hgrimmett

hgrimmett

Region:
    South
    State/Country:
    FL
    City:
    Clearwater
    Ride:
    ICE Adventure
    :) Well, Maryville is not that far away. Thanks for the information! I am marking it on my calendar so I can come back next year (I did attend this year. :)

9. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    :listenup:URGENT BREAKING NEWS!!! :update: The Smoky Mtn. Recumbent Rally will NOT be held at the Tremont Lodge and Resort. There was a serious communication problem and they booked my weekend with someone else after telling me it was reserved for us.:taz: So we are meeting at the HIGHLAND MANOR INN & CONFERENCE CENTER. It is located next to the Tremont Lodge. I have already checked it out and it is VERY nice.

50 rooms is all they have. They would give a special rate if a lot of people choose to stay, and I need at least 25 people to bookcontact. Their "special" rate is $99+/-, Which I will leave up to the you all to decide whether you will stay or not. It will be a first come first serve basis. There are some that are single king, but most rooms have double queen beds. Again, there are only 50 rooms and you may or may not get one. If you are willing to share with another recumbent couple you could probably save some bucks. I am posting a poll to see how many will stay, you will also be able to see who is staying in case you want to split room cost and see who to contact.

Click on the link to view the hotel.www.highlandmanor.com

I will be opening the registration page for the rally on December 1, 2016 January 1, 2017. If you have any questions, please post them here as it would be beneficial for everyone. Thanks.

10. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    To get a discount on hotel rooms I need at least 25 people staying. Please indicate if you want to stay and I will block the rooms. Also use this list as a means to contact someone if you want to split room cost and dont mind sharing rooms with another recumbent couple. Just an idea, NOT a requirement.

11. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    I will also post who our guest speaker is this year too! Going to be an awesome rally!

12. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Don't forget to indicate your staying preferences...the hotels in Townsend will fill up fast come January....

13. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Get ready, as of 1:00pm today, online registration will be open!:woohoo:

14. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Ok, I couldn't stand it any more. In case you all are wondering, the person who has most graciously agreed to be our guest speaker for next year's Smoky Mountain Recumbent Rally is:

:woohoo:Maria Parker, the 2013 RAAM Women's Overall Division Winner!!! :woohoo:

So everyone come on out and show support for a lady who has, like Jason Perez, shown that recumbent riding is awesome! Hope to see you all here.

skuuter likes this.
  15. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name: